Acknowledged page of the letter
Elites Network for Sustainable Development (ENetSuD), a Kwara-based Civil Society Organization known for its #FollowKwaraMoney activities, has requested for information from Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq on how some funds were spent by Kwara State Government.
In a letter jointly signed by its Coordinator (Dr. Alagbonsi Abdullateef) and General Secretary (Mahmud Usman Baba), ENetSuD listed nine (9) projects executed by previous and current administrations in the state and requested for financial and technical details about their executions. The letter was addressed to the Executive Governor of Kwara State (Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq) and submitted through the Office of the Secretary to the State Government at Government House, Ilorin on 4th November, 2019.
The texts of the letter are written below:
“We are a Kwara-based registered Civil Society Organization. We promote good governance in Kwara state by participating in policy formation, campaigning against corruption, promoting government’s good policies, advocating for open leadership, protecting citizens’ rights, and evaluating/monitoring the implementation and performance of Kwara-related budgets.
Sir, we initiated an initiative called #FollowKwaraMoney through which we track projects in the budget of governments. We are aware of the following projects funded by Kwara State Government in the successive budgets implemented by various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs):
- Counterpart fund for World Bank-funded Community and Social Development Projects
- Counterpart fund for Basic Healthcare Provision Funds
- Counterpart fund for Accelerating Nutrition Results in Nigeria
- Counterpart fund for Global Access for Malaria
- Renovation of various Water Works
- Geri-Alimi Split Diamond Underpass
- Ilorin Water Reticulation Project
- Kishi-Kaiama road (a Federal Government project being executed by Kwara State Government)
- 1% Consolidated Revenue for Health Insurance
Sir, we are requesting you to provide us with the following information as it applies to each of the projects 1-9 listed above:
- The actual amount paid for each of the counterpart funds (projects 1-4)
- The amount received so far as grants after paying the counterpart funds (projects 1-4)
- The detailed account of how the grants have been spent (projects 1-4)
- The beneficiaries of the projects (to be) executed with the grants (projects 1-4)
- The actual amount released for each project execution (projects 5-8)
- The technical details and scope of each stage of funds released to each contractor (projects 5-8)
- The Bill of Quantity/ Engineering Measurement and Evaluation of each project (for projects 5-8 and other projects it is applicable to, especially project 1)
- The detailed information of the contractor to whom each project was awarded (including phone number)
- The current status of each project
- The implementation status of the statutory 1% Consolidated Revenue Fund for Kwara Health Insurance
It is worthy of note that the primary and second phases of Ilorin Water Reticulation Project were said to have been completed by the previous administration, while the tertiary phase provided for in the 2019 budget was supposed to be implemented by the current administration. A detailed analysis of how the amount budgeted for that phase has been spent is also required in addition to the primary and secondary phases as per the above requests, Sir.
While awaiting your prompt response in fulfilment of your administration’s promise to promote Open Governance, Transparency and Accountability, please be assured of our esteem regards always.